In line with National Curriculum targets, pupils visiting The Storybarn will:
- Be encouraged to read for pleasure.
- Be encouraged to link what they read or hear read to their own experiences.
- Participate in discussion about what is being read to them, taking turns and listening to what others say.
- Be taught to develop their understanding through speculating, hypothesising and exploring ideas. This will help them to clarify their thinking as well as organise their ideas for writing.
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experience and imagination.
- Learn about significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- Be encouraged to lead healthy, active lives.
- Take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges.